The used Canon 50D Camera
The EOS 50D was announced on 26 August 2008. It is Canon’s latest DSLR for serious amateurs, especially those shooting sports and action. If you’re a serious every-weekend sports shooter you may want the used Canon 50D. It has an LCD far superior to anything ever unleashed on any Canon SLR. The 50D’s LCD is probably on par with the Nikon D300, D700 and D3.
All previous Canon 3″ LCDs suck because they have so few pixels that they look coarse and grainy. If all you’ve ever shot are Canon SLRs, the 50D’s LCD alone should be enough reason to dumpster your 40D and order one of these pronto.
The used Canon 50D has many similar characteristics to its predecessor, the 40D. This includes various shooting modes, the ability to change ISO and white balance, a pop-up flash unit, and an LCD screen. The LCD screen is the same size (3.0″) as the 40D but has a higher resolution (640 × 480 pixel or 307,200 pixels) than any previous model. It is also the final Canon xxD to use a CompactFlash or Microdrive for memory storage, along with the BP-511 series battery.
The 50D has a higher pixel count (15.1 megapixels), hence higher shooting resolutions, than its predecessor and, like the 40D, has a 14-bit RAW format.
The camera has Live View, which allows photographers to use the LCD screen as the viewfinder. Because the sensor mirror needs to be in the locked position, shutter noise is reduced in this mode.
- 15.1 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- 3.0 inch VGA LCD monitor
- LiveView mode
- Wide 9 point AF with center cross-type sensors
- Selectable AF and metering modes
- Built-in flash
- Canon EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- ISO 100–3200 (6400 and 12800 with custom function)
- Auto correction of vignetting
- Continuous Drive up to 6.3 fps (90 images (JPEG), 16 images (RAW))
- DIGIC 4 image processor
- Canon EF/EF-S Lenses
- Canon EX Speedlites
- PAL/NTSC/HDMI video output
- File Formats include: JPEG, RAW, sRAW1 (7.1 MP) and sRAW2 (3.8 MP)
- RAW & JPEG simultaneous recording
- USB 2.0 computer interface
- BP-511/BP-511A or BP-512/BP-514 Battery Types (BP-511A battery supplied)
- Dimensions 146 × 108 × 74 mm (5.7 × 4.2 × 2.9 in)
- Approx weight 730 g (1.61 lb)
Also Check Out the Canon 70D Camera body