The Olympus Evolt E-510 SLR Digital Camera combines the versatility, performance, and image quality of a professional SLR, with the simplicity, compact size and ease-of-use of a consumer point-and-shoot digital camera. The high resolution 10-megapixel Live-MOS image sensor captures exquisite detail, and provides you with the flexibility to crop your images and still produce large, detailed prints.
The Professional quality Zuiko lenses that Olympus has developed for the Evolt SLR Cameras are designed to work perfectly with all of the camera’s digital technology so that your pictures will have exceptional color and clarity. A broad selection of lenses is available.
The sensor-shift image stabilization system uses a gyro sensor to track the movement of the camera and automatically compensates for it by moving the image sensor so blurriness is minimized or even eliminated. The image stabilization system can also be activated to assist you in low light settings, and because the system is incorporated in the camera body, it works with any lens. The Evolt E-510 also solves the dust problem commonly found with SLR Cameras by providing a proven anti-dust system so your pictures will be spotless – every time.
Ten advanced exposure modes are also available including program, aperture priority, shutter priority and full manual control. Furthermore, you’ll get a great shot in any lighting situation with five metering modes including the 49-point ESP Meter. Even with all of this power, the Evolt E-510 is incredibly easy to use. The ergonomic and lightweight design of the camera body means that the camera will be comfortable to hold even after a long day of sightseeing.Furthermore, the E-510 makes it easy to shoot like a pro with 19 intuitive Scene Select Modes like Fireworks, Night Scene, Portraits and even Panorama modes.
The 2.5″ HyperCrystal LCD enables images to be beautifully displayed in vivid color, even from 176-degree viewing angles or in bright sunlight. The Live-View feature provides users with the choice of framing images with the viewfinder or on the LCD Display, making it simple to preview and review your images.
- 10.0 Megapixel Resolution
- The Olympus E-510 incorporates a 10-megapixel Live-MOS imaging sensor that provides professional quality image resolution and lower noise than other image sensors.
- Professional Quality Zuiko-Digital Lens
- Olympus Zuiko lenses are precision-engineered and designed especially for digital photography to provide edge-to-edge clarity and even brightness across your image. Furthermore, there is a large selection of Zuiko lenses available ranging from extremely wide angle to high zoom telephoto lenses as well as specialty lenses, and all Zuiko Digital lenses are compatible with all Olympus E-System digital SLR cameras.
- Advanced Image Stabilization System
- The E-510 includes the Advanced Image Stabilization System which utilized sensor-shift technology to counter the effect of camera shake. The exclusive Supersonic Wave Drive motors provide two modes of accurate high-speed image stabilization – one mode provides blur-free photography for everyday situations like low-light settings, and the other mode helps capture clear images even while panning during action shots. Since the Image Stabilization technology is built into the body of the E-510, it works with every lens.