A high-speed normal-length prime featuring an advanced optical design, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO Lens from Olympus is a 50mm equivalent lens designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Its unique 19 elements, 14 groups construction incorporates extra-low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements to significantly reduce both chromatic and spherical aberrations for notable image clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. The lens is also characterized by a bright f/1.2 maximum aperture, which benefits working in low-light conditions and affords extensive control over depth of field. A nine-blade aperture is featured as well, to achieve a smooth bokeh quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques, and a Z Coating Nano has been applied to individual elements to limit flare and ghosting for improved contrast.
Beyond the imaging assets, the lens’ physical design is characterized by a weather-sealed construction to benefit working in harsh climates. It also features a Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for smooth, quiet, and fast focusing performance that is suitable to both stills and video recording. A manual focus clutch permits quick switching to MF control and a printed depth of field scale is also featured on the lens barrel for pre-focusing and hyper focal focusing techniques.
- Standard prime 25mm lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 50mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceptionally fast f/1.2 maximum aperture supports working in difficult lighting conditions and affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus techniques.
- The intricate optical design employs one Super Extra-Low Dispersion element, two extra-low dispersion elements, one Extra High Refractive Index element, three high refractive index elements, and one aspherical element, which all work in concert to control chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved clarity, reduced color fringing, and enhanced sharpness.
- A Z Coating Nano has been applied to individual lens elements to noticeably reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality in strong lighting conditions.
- A MSC autofocus system, along with an internal focusing design, provides quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance to benefit both still photo shooting and movie recording. Additionally, an MF clutch is used for fast changing to manual focus for more precise control.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Weather-sealed construction guards the lens against dust, moisture, and freezing temperatures for working in harsh environments.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.